I found this great article on Helium.com about New Years Eve weddings and wanted to share it with you.
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
A New Year's Eve wedding can have a lot of advantages and a few obstacles that you need to be aware of during the planning process. The following are a list of things you may want to keep in mind:
1) People are more likely to be able to attend since it's traditionally a time when people are off of work and have already traveled in for Christmas. You also have the added benefit of a possible theme, if you want to go in that direction.
2) As with any wedding, I suggest people prepare ahead of time as much as possible. This will save you money and hassle. With New Year's Eve, there are a few special circumstances you will need to consider. Possible wedding and reception locations may be booked for the normal New Year's Eve parties. It may also be a little harder to find catering, a sound engineer or DJ, a photographer, and a general wedding planner/coordinator.
3) If you have specific friends in mind for your bridesmaids and groomsmen, it may be a good idea to run the idea past them. They may be planning to be out-of-town, and you may unfortunately have to find replacements or change the day.
4) If you go with the New Year's day theme, there are a lot of specific New Year's Eve decorations you can use. I've found these are best bought in bulk online through companies such as Oriental Trader or similar websites.
5) Have some ground rules if you're serving alcohol. You do not want any rare guest thinking that because it's a New Year's Eve themed wedding that they have the right to get plastered. Have certain people in charge of making sure no one is driving home unsafe. Caution needs to be used driving on New Year's Eve anyway-even if you're not serving alcohol. There's a greater chance of people being out that have been drinking, so keep that in mind as far as your choices of locations to have the wedding and reception. I don't say this to discourage you, but just to let you know you should keep this factor in mind.
you can find the article here